Hi friends and family!
Remember last year when we introduced a POC Safe Space at GX3? It was a hit and welcome by our POC community members. During post-convention feedback, we heard that others would like a safe space as well, and because we want GaymerX to be a safe, happy and enjoyable convention, this year we’ve expanded our Safe Space to a dedicated room for the entire convention. Unfortunately, due to space we can’t have a room per group, but there is one room for those who may need some time away, or who might want to discuss a panel they just were at, or just meet others in a quiet, less crowded space.
This year’s safe space is is Bayshore Room West aka Safe Space Lounge
- 11am – 1pm: Ace Safe Space
- 1pm – 3pm: POC Safe Space
- 3pm – 5pm: Trans Safe Space
- 5pm – 7pm: Disabled Safe Space
- 7pm – 9pm: Women’s Safe Space
- 9pm – 11pm: Nonbinary Safe Space
- 10am – 12pm: Nonbinary Safe Space
- 12pm – 2pm: Women’s Safe Space
- 2pm – 4pm: Disabled Safe Space
- 4pm – 6pm: Trans Safe Space
- 6pm – 8pm: POC Safe Space
- 8pm – 10pm: Ace Safe Space
- 12pm – 1pm: Disabled Safe Space
- 1pm – 2pm: Trans Safe Space
- 2pm – 3pm: POC Safe Space
- 3pm – 4pm: Ace Safe Space
- 4pm – 5pm: Nonbinary Safe Space
- 5pm – 6pm: Women’s Safe Space
GaymerX convention staff asks that all attendees respect and observe this decision to make a safe space available for attendees. This is the second year we will have a safe space for our attendees, and your feedback will only help us improve as we move forward in making GX an even more diverse, welcoming and safe space for everyone.