Hi friends and family!
Remember last year when we introduced a POC Safe Space at GX3? It was a hit and welcome by our POC community members. During post-convention feedback, we heard that others would like a safe space as well, and because we want GaymerX to be a safe, happy and enjoyable convention, this year we’ve expanded our Safe Space to a dedicated room for the entire convention. Unfortunately, due to space we can’t have a room per group, but there is one room for those who may need some time away, or who might want to discuss a panel they just were at, or just meet others in a quiet, less crowded space.
This year’s safe space is is Bayshore Room West aka Safe Space Lounge
- 11am – 1pm: Ace Safe Space
- 1pm – 3pm: POC Safe Space
- 3pm – 5pm: Trans Safe Space
- 5pm – 7pm: Disabled Safe Space
- 7pm – 9pm: Women’s Safe Space
- 9pm – 11pm: Nonbinary Safe Space
- 10am – 12pm: Nonbinary Safe Space
- 12pm – 2pm: Women’s Safe Space
- 2pm – 4pm: Disabled Safe Space
- 4pm – 6pm: Trans Safe Space
- 6pm – 8pm: POC Safe Space
- 8pm – 10pm: Ace Safe Space
- 12pm – 1pm: Disabled Safe Space
- 1pm – 2pm: Trans Safe Space
- 2pm – 3pm: POC Safe Space
- 3pm – 4pm: Ace Safe Space
- 4pm – 5pm: Nonbinary Safe Space
- 5pm – 6pm: Women’s Safe Space
GaymerX convention staff asks that all attendees respect and observe this decision to make a safe space available for attendees. This is the second year we will have a safe space for our attendees, and your feedback will only help us improve as we move forward in making GX an even more diverse, welcoming and safe space for everyone.
Questions, concerns or other issues can be directed to [email protected] and will be answered by our Diversity Liaison, Tanya DePass [email protected]